Spirit Fire ministry offers the unique wisdom and gifts of survivors of clergy abuse to enrich ministries and other programs for adults, families, groups and others wounded, directly or indirectly, by child abuse in a faith setting.
Our Christ-centered programs are guided by these principles:
- Effective child protection programs are critical for a credible ministry.
- Psychological, physical and spiritual wounds can last into adulthood.
- Loved ones often suffer unique wounds by one degree of separation.
- Members of faith communities where abuse occurs suffer in solidarity.
- Current care often lags behind up-to-date trauma-informed practices.
- Protocols often fail to address Christian sensibilities and beliefs.
- Effective ministries lead the integration of all aspects of healing.
- Partnering with survivors adds wisdom, credibility and hope.
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Isaiah 61:3 NLT